Thursday, February 15, 2007

Osterblogging

I'm in Austria this week attending the IASTED conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks and presenting my Williams senior thesis work. My presentation was on Monday, and went as well as I could have hoped.

Probably the nicest thing about presenting Monday is that it freed up Tuesday for some skiing on the Stubai Glacier. All of my skiing experience has been in New England, so this was quite a step up. Excellent conditions (-4° C and fresh snow a day before) made for a really wonderful time.

My co-presenter and thesis advisor Jim Teresco keeps a very nice picture site with some great pictures of the trip here, there are even more pictures of our ski trip, including some really nice shots of the alps.

The rest of today will likely be catching up on some Cosmo work and checking out a couple talks. I'll be posting about any interesting talks I see, so hopefully this won't be my last post from Austria.

No comments: